Cover Image
Saki
The Chronicles Of Clovis
Talking cats, terrifying practical jokes, advertising campaigns for foul cereals. A journey round Saki's bizarre, sometimes cruel world. Includes the classics 'The Background', 'Hermann The Irascible' and 'Filboid Studge'.
Cover Image
by Saki
Clovis is sceptical that the Baroness' hunting story will be as unusual as promised.
- Length: 6 pages
- Age Rating: PG
5 Stars
Cover Image
by Saki
A witty dinner conversation in which Clovis decides it is time his mother thought about getting married.
- Length: 3 pages
- Age Rating: PG
3 Stars
Cover Image
by Saki
Revealing the dangers of giving previously dumb animals the power of speech. Especially cats.
- Length: 7 pages
- Age Rating: PG
5 Stars
Cover Image
by Saki
When Loona Bimberton pulls off a coup with her celebrated 'Algerian aviator', Mrs Packletide feels compelled to respond.
- Length: 4 pages
- Age Rating: PG
5 Stars
Cover Image
by Saki
Lady Bastable is - quite rightly - reluctant to look after young Clovis for a week.
- Length: 3 pages
- Age Rating: PG
4 Stars
Cover Image
by Saki
When Henri Deplis becomes the canvas for the final masterpiece of the great tatoo artist Andreas Pincini, he finds that life as a living work of art is far from easy.
- Length: 3 pages
- Age Rating: PG
4 Stars
Cover Image
by Saki
A newly imported King of England finds a harsh - but effective - way of dealing with the country's feminists.
- Length: 3 pages
- Age Rating: PG
5 Stars
Cover Image
by Saki
When Clovis overhears a middle-aged man bemoaning the lack of excitment in his life, he decides to help out. And then some.
- Length: 7 pages
- Age Rating: PG
5 Stars
Cover Image
by Saki
Arlington Stringham makes a joke in the Houses of Parliament - but fails to consider the consequences.
- Length: 4 pages
- Age Rating: PG
3 Stars
Cover Image
by Saki
A boy defies his hated guardian through the worship of a great ferret who lives in the tool-shed.
- Length: 4 pages
- Age Rating: PG
5 Stars
Cover Image
by Saki
Mrs Mebberly takes on a little more than expected when she arranges to take the angelic looking young 'Adrian' on holiday.
- Length: 4 pages
- Age Rating: PG
3 Stars
Cover Image
by Saki
Revealing the dangers of mixing good food and popular music.
- Length: 4 pages
- Age Rating: PG
4 Stars
Cover Image
by Saki
The residents of the Villa Elsinore lose a baby. Then they find a baby. Then they find another baby.
- Length: 5 pages
- Age Rating: PG
3 Stars
Cover Image
by Saki
Clovis discusses a match for Wriatislav - the black sheep of a rather greyish family.
- Length: 4 pages
- Age Rating: PG
3 Stars
Cover Image
by Saki
Lady Barbara is charged with finding a suitably new and tasteful method for greeting the head of state of a small Euopean princedom.
- Length: 3 pages
- Age Rating: PG
4 Stars
Cover Image
by Saki
An aspiring groom is given the task of designing an advertising campaign for the most disgusting cereal ever created.
- Length: 3 pages
- Age Rating: PG
4 Stars
Cover Image
by Saki
A couple apparently run into some ancient forces when they make the move to the country.
- Length: 5 pages
- Age Rating: PG
4 Stars
Cover Image
by Saki
The great king Hkrikros - a devout worshiper of the sacred and esteemed serpants - depairs as his favourite nephew begins to show signs of Christianity.
- Length: 8 pages
- Age Rating: PG
5 Stars
Cover Image
by Saki
The tragic story of three sisters who come tantalisingly close to an unexpected inheritance.
- Length: 7 pages
- Age Rating: PG
4 Stars
Cover Image
by Saki
In an ego-driven attempt to heal local political divisions, the Baroness and Clovis decide to stage a Greek tragedy.
- Length: 6 pages
- Age Rating: PG
4 Stars
Cover Image
by Saki
Crefton Lockyer begins to suspect that all is not right in the seemingly peaceful villiage of Mowsle Barton. One word: Witches!
- Length: 6 pages
- Age Rating: PG
3 Stars
Cover Image
by Saki
When an wholly unsuitable man tries to aquire invitations to an aunt's picnic, the task of putting him off is left to Clovis.
- Length: 3 pages
- Age Rating: PG
4 Stars
Cover Image
by Saki
A man contemplating ending it all off the edge of a cliff is apparently - by an enormous stroke of luck - given a second chance.
- Length: 8 pages
- Age Rating: PG
4 Stars
Cover Image
by Saki
When Clovis must back-up his claim that he can produce quality poetry by the square yard, Bertie van Tahn assumes the role of critic.
- Length: 5 pages
- Age Rating: PG
4 Stars
Cover Image
by Saki
The day before the big race and those gathered for Lady Susan's house-party are keen that their money be on the right horse.
- Length: 4 pages
- Age Rating: PG
3 Stars
Cover Image
by Saki
The terminally dull Septimus of Leighton Buzzard (editor of Cathedral monthly) appears to be having a clandestine affair with the maid of the aunt of Clovis.
- Length: 10 pages
- Age Rating: PG
4 Stars
Cover Image
by Saki
An unusually religious Duke gets tired of petty party politics and replaces the members of the Houses of Parliament with Angels.
- Length: 10 pages
- Age Rating: PG
4 Stars
Cover Image
by Saki
A man becomes obsessed with the idea that owners might grow to resemble their pets. Then someone buys him a monkey.
- Length: 7 pages
- Age Rating: PG
4 Stars
If you liked this collection, please share it with others:
SHARE
Facebook
Twitter
Myspace
Windows
Delicious

Digg
Stumbleupon
Reddit