Classic English Short Stories
A selection of the best stories from over one hundred years of English literature including works by Charles Dickens, Oscar Wilde and Robert Louis Stevenson.
Cover Image
A hard drinking, womanising, moustache-wearing baron decides he must get married.
- Length: 10 pages
- Age Rating: PG
5 Stars
Cover Image
Adventure story following the circumstances surrounding the escape of a notorious prisoner from his Bermudan jail.
- Length: 26 pages
- Age Rating: PG
4 Stars
Cover Image
Ella had always admired the work of Robert Trewe, but when she finds herself sub-letting his appartment, her love of the poems starts to become a love of the poet.
- Length: 27 pages
- Age Rating: PG
5 Stars
Cover Image
Markeim arrives at an antique dealer's on Christmas day, ostensibly to buy a present for a lady. A tale of evil and its nature.
- Length: 16 pages
- Age Rating: PG
5 Stars
Cover Image
A modern fairy tale about the selfless acts of a golden statue and a migrating swallow.
- Length: 10 pages
- Age Rating: U
5 Stars
Cover Image
A young girl falls in love with a mysterious stranger, shipwrecked in the bay near her village.
- Length: 26 pages
- Age Rating: PG
4 Stars
Cover Image
A case which leaves a Lady of notoriously loose morals in a nunnery and her lover - a brilliant physician - in a vegetative state.
- Length: 12 pages
- Age Rating: PG
5 Stars
Cover Image
The master criminal Raffles sets his sights on a priceless collection of jewels. Crime story in which the villain is the hero.
- Length: 20 pages
- Age Rating: PG
5 Stars
Cover Image
by Saki
Revealing the dangers of giving previously dumb animals the power of speech. Especially cats.
- Length: 7 pages
- Age Rating: PG
5 Stars
If you liked this collection, please share it with others:
SHARE
Facebook
Twitter
Myspace
Windows
Delicious

Digg
Stumbleupon
Reddit