To submit to East of the Web, take the following steps:
1. Protect your copyright (see below).
2. By submitting a story to us you agree to our Terms and Conditions. Note particularly that by submitting a work to us you guarantee that you are the owner of the copyright to
that work. We do not require any transfer of this copyright - by submitting a story to us you agree to grant East of the Web a non-exclusive licence to publish the work.
3. E-Mail the submission to
email@example.com. The subject of the email must consist only of the words 'EotW Submission' or the words 'Short Story for EotW'.
You should send your story as an attachment -
in TEXT or Microsoft Word format - or, if
your email system does not allow attachments, copy and paste it into the e-mail body.
Remember to include the work's title,
the author's name and contact e-mail (if different) in the submission.
- Attachments should only be in Microsoft Word, Rich Text or Text format. Do not send ZIPed files.
- Do not send any other attachments - such as photographs or other images - with the story.
- Do not send us a large number of stories at the same time. If you have several stories available,
we suggest you send only one or two that give the best indication of your writing.
4. Please include a brief biography in the body of the e-mail, including any recent publishing history.
5. You should receive an e-mail confirming receipt of the submission. If you do not receive this email within a week,
you should assume the story has not reached us.
Please note that we receive a very large number of submissions and failure to adhere to these submission guidelines
will severely decrease the chances of your submission being viewed.